Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sweet Summer Ending

Summer went by way too fast. We had tons of fun though.
And we spent as much time together as we possibly could.
What all did we do?

We went to bed late.

And slept in every day.

Visited many museums.


Watched magnificent movies.

Played with our favorite friends.
Made s'mores. And other delicious treats.

Swam like fish.

Watched entertaining shows at our local library.

We went to the zoo.

Rode wild rides at theme parks.

Spent precious time with family.

Stayed in hotels.

Watched stunning sunsets at the beach.

For our last hurrah,
we spent a week in San Francisco together as a family~which was priceless.
The kids were taken back by the massive bridges.
The sparkling ocean.
And especially by the fog which rolled in each night like dry ice flowing over a cauldron.
During our stay in San Francisco, it was quite cold for summer!
But a very welcome change from the scorching
Southern California heat we managed to escape.

We took many photos on our trip. I especially adore this snapshot of our family. A darling senior couple was nice enough to stop while they were taking a bike ride along the boardwalk and asked us if we wanted our picture taken. We handed our camera right over to them and it turned out perfect.

I love it. Everyone is actually looking at the camera, smiling and Megan is not sticking out her tongue~which is what she's usually doing. The girl is rarely serious for the camera. In fact, anytime one comes out and is pointed at Megan, it seems to be her "I'm going to be silly" cue. And I'm talking full-on, outta control silliness! Don't get me wrong, I love it. It's what makes us smile every single day. But sometimes it's nice to capture a family photo tongue free. And crazy silly free.

I love my family and love that we spent such a memorable summer together making fun memories. It was one of our best summers ever. There was never a dull moment. I don't think I ever heard the words "Mom, we're bored". Which had been my goal before summer ever started. Mission accomplished.

I can't wait for Summer 2011!
Until then it's...
Back to school.
Homework. Soccer. Piano.
And all the wonderful holidays I adore.

No comments: