Friday, October 8, 2010

Sweet~Stellar~Stunning California Sunset


Fall has arrived!!
At last.
It's my favorite time of year!

With it,
A little rain.
Lightening.
Thunder.
And some seriously
Sweet.
Stellar.
Stunning.
California style
SUNSETS.


Gorgeous.
Beyond breathtaking.

Funny thing is...
I shot these photos through the windshield
of my car while I was driving.


It was too amazing not to.
The sky was all shades of pink, orange, and blue.
The clouds floating around were large and puffy.
They were like mirrors reflecting the intense shades of the evening sky,
which looked like a canopy of heaven.


Thankfully, my camera lives in my purse so when I need it
it's at my immediate disposal.
Because you just never know what is going to catch your eye.

And this here
more than caught my eye.
However,
I wanted to stop my car right there in the middle of the street.
Stop traffic.
Stand in the road.
And have a little photo session
with this stunning sunset.

But I figured that wouldn't be too safe.
And drivers probably wouldn't appreciate me being in their way.
People in California have places to go.
And they always need to get there...
FAST.

So staying in my car,
reducing my speed,
and taking pictures through the windshield
was my best bet.
And safest.
And one I'm certain the drivers behind me appreciated.
Except for the fact I was going 10 MPH.


It was truly a
magnificent moment in my day.
It left me grateful to live in such
a beautiful place.
A place,
I absolutely love calling
Home.

No comments: