Sunday, May 16, 2010

The SWEETEST Brownie Recipe Ever.....


Brownies. We all love them. Or, well. At least I do. They're gooey, chocolatey goodness~period.

Really, need I say more?

I absolutely adore all holidays. I was raised that way. My wonderful mom had a way of making every holiday a special occasion. Somehow I've seemed to carry on that tradition with my family. Food. Decorations. It's always a party at our house. I will find a reason to celebrate. Just about anything!

Enter St. Patty's Day 2010. Since my amazing husband's grandmother came here from Ireland, we make absolutely certain that when St. Patrick's Day rolls around every year that we go all out. Everything is green. And dinner is always your standard Irish fare. You know--Corned beef, carrots, cabbage and mashed potatoes {instead of boiled potatoes~they go over better at our house}. Then comes dessert. My favorite. This past year I came across a recipe I just had to try for Mint Brownies.

Oh. My. Gosh. Hello?!?!?

They.

Were {Are}.

The.

Perfect.

Brownie.

I will no longer make brownies from a box again. You shouldn't either. Pinky promise?

These come out beyond amazing. They don't have that hard edge and gooey, almost under-cooked center.

Instead, they are perfectly moist. In fact, they cook evenly from the edges all the way to the center. And that's what makes them so SWEET!

I love them. And as I sit here blogging about them, my stomach is growling loudly. Very. Very. Loudly!!

Maybe. Just maybe. If time permits, I'll indulge and bake up a batch of these today.

You should too.

You'll be glad you did. And if you make them for your friends, family, and neighbors~they will not only thank you, they'll be begging you for this recipe. So be sure to include it!

Are you ready?

Here it is. The recipe for my all time favorite brownie. However, before I go on, I can't take all the credit for this truly great recipe. I need to thank one of my favorite cooking blogs, Our Best Bites for this. If you've never visited Our Best Bites website, do yourself a favor STOP whatever it is you're doing right now and click on the link--it's here on Everything Sweet for a reason. Because it's full of truly good recipes which are not only easy, but very tasty and super family friendly. Gotta love that. It's a sweet website.

And this is truly the sweetest brownie recipe....ever.....


Mint Brownies
Recipe by Our Best Bites

Brownies: 4 squares unsweetened baking chocolate (4oz)
1 C butter (2 sticks)
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 C flour
1/2 tsp baking powder

Frosting: 2 C powdered sugar
4 T butter, softened
1 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
1-2 Tbs milk
green food coloring

Chocolate Glaze:
6 oz (about 1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips ,you could also use dark
6 Tbs real butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 inch pan with foil making sure the foil extends over the edges by at least one inch. Lightly spray with non-stick spray and set aside. Chop both unsweetened chocolate and two sticks of butter into chunks and place together in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until just melted and smooth. Set aside to cool, stirring occasionally. With an electric mixer or stand mixer beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla for 2 minutes. While egg mixture is beating, measure out flour and combine with baking powder. While mixer is running, slowly add melted chocolate and beat to combine. Turn beater speed to low and add in flour by spoonfuls. Mix just until combined. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 20-30 minutes or until a knife poked in center comes out clean. Cool completely on a metal rack. When brownies have cooled to room temperature, prepare frosting. Combine all frosting ingredients, starting with 1 1/2 tablespoon of milk, and beat until light and fluffy. Add more milk by teaspoonful as needed. Spread frosting evenly over brownies and then place brownies in fridge to chill. While brownies are chilling prepare chocolate glaze. Place chocolate chips and 6 tablespoons butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until just melted and smooth. Set aside to cool for about 15 minutes and then carefully spread on top of the frosting layer. Return pan to fridge to cool. When chocolate has hardened, use edges of foil to remove entire brownie from pan. Cut into squares and serve.

**Note: I just love the brownie recipe itself. The mint layer of frosting is so refreshing. But not required. I was thinking of just making the brownies and frosting them with my famous peanut butter-chocolate buttercream. So. Very. Yummy.**

Now. Please. Whatever you do. Make these brownies today. It'll be the perfect way to start out your week.


2 comments:

To Love Endlessly said...

they sure do look delicious. I'm taking another day off work tomorrow, so brownies may just be in my very near future. :-)

LisaB said...

Make these!! You will love them! I forgot to mention HOW EASY THEY ARE! I was shocked! That's when I realized how silly I was for making brownies from a box for all these years! No more! Thanks for all your sweet comments! Love hearing from you! Take care and hope your darling daughter is doing good!