Monday, July 14, 2008

A Truly SWEET Week!

Sweet Surprises in our Home!
Our New Family Member...BUDDY!!!

Where do I even start!? With the most important and exciting events, right?! Today....Gary calls and says, "Hey, are you going to be home in 20 minutes?!" I say, "Why?!" Suspicious that he has a dog he wants to bring home (only because we'd been talking about this for quite some time!). Sure enough he tells me that indeed he has a dog. And it is one our family has fallen head-over-heels with. We adopted a 6-and-a-half week old German Shepherd puppy....his name, Buddy. He is a truly wonderful addition to our family! I joked with Gary that we had a new baby today--except I didn't have to endure 9 months of pregnancy or a painful delivery. What fun! The kids love him and I am surprised they are even in bed actually asleep right now as they didn't even want to leave his side for a second. Buddy is our little boy....isn't he just precious....now to train him....another fun, sweet adventure....but with a very sweet puppy.....

(Sidenote: We bought a bunny 2 weeks ago. However, we are very sad to say with the extreme summer heat, she died. She lived a short life. In the time Daisy lived, we enjoyed her company, but discovered that caring for a dog would be easier than caring for a delicate bunny....so this is why we have Buddy now!)

Then Tuesday last week, I decided to escape the heat of Riverside and head to the beach with the kids. When we got there we definitely found cooler temperatures and even some unexpected, unwelcome (is that a real word?) dark clouds. It wasn't the sunny warm beach day I was hoping for, but we all still had fun! We did a lot of sand sculpting! We even managed to dig a three-way tunnel for our boat to go through! It was pretty cool! Before getting back on the road to go home, we stopped at everyone's favorite hamburger joint, Micky D's! It wasn't too bad, or maybe I was just really hungry this time!
Sculpting Sweet Sand Creations....

Thursday was the weekly "Adventure Group" activity. This one was definitely for Eric. Indoor Rock climbing. Boy does Eric "rock" at it! I think he might just take up this extreme sport. He can't stop talking about it and went again on Friday with Gary. He climbed and climbed and never wanted to stop. Perhaps once he's a bit older, we'll find him climbing those beautiful mountains in Utah someday (not may favorite idea, but if he likes it, has mastered the art of climbing and stays safe, then I support him)! You are amazing Eric!!






Anyhoo, now for the weekend, my favorite time. And this one was mighty sweet! The family decided to venture out of Riverside--and so we headed into Beverly Hills. We wanted to pay a visit to the Pink Taco. I must say, the Mexican fair at the Pink Taco was five stars in my book! Very authentic as it was exactly like the food we ate while we were in Tulum, Mexico last summer!! I was so excited when my plate arrived! I just loved those little tacos we ate on our vacation--and thought I'd never have one again! Not so! I will be going back to the Pink Taco again....for sure!! Then again it is just a short car ride away, rather than a 5 hour plane trip....

After our tasty "linner" (that's the meal between lunch and dinner), we jumped into the car and headed over to "Sprinkles" (popular cupcake bakery on Rodeo Drive). What did we find? A MASSIVE line! Last time we went, Gary and I walked right in and didn't have to wait more than 5 minutes. Maybe that was because it was our 12th Anniversary and the Anniversary Gods were watching over us! This time I had the pleasure of standing in line for well over an hour!! Gary took the kids to a nearby park so they could play while I picked up dessert. I was so excited to finally get to the front of the line and pick out all our favorite little cakes. I could hardly wait to dig my teeth into them...and once I did, mmmmmmm, pure heaven.........I don't have a picture of the cupcake(s) I ate, well, because they simply didn't last very long. But I do have a picture of the line I stood in. In fact, it was so long my camera simply couldn't capture the entire thing....now that's what you call "cupcake craziness!"

I've said enough.....good-bye for now......

1 comment:

Amanda B. said...

Oh, Buddy is soooooo CUTE!!!! :) How exciting for your family!!!
I have to say your Nieces have a soft place in their hearts for Sprinkles. The last time we were in Beverly Hills we waited 45 mins just to get in the door. Thanks for sharing all you are doing!! Miss ya!!